Erectile dysfunction is undoubtedly a frustrating problem among men. The condition describes the inability of a man to sustain an erection for a period long enough for a normal satisfying sexual encounter. Those with the condition can achieve an erection but cannot maintain whereas others aren’t able to achieve one at all. Physiological and psychological factors cause ED. Treatment strategies target the most probable cause.
There are various conventional and home remedies for erectile dysfunction. Prescription drugs, vacuum constriction devices, and other traditional treatment modalities may be used. Natural remedies have also been found to be overly effective. Some of the home remedies include:
Odds of erectile dysfunction can be increased by obesity, eating inflammatory foods and nutrient deficiencies. Therefore, proper diet is prudent to improve your libido. Some of the foods that help in reversing and promoting erection include the following:
- A high fiber diet such as nuts, fruits, seeds supports hormones and detoxification.
- Diet with foods high in vitamin E. Wheat germ, green leafy vegetables and other foods help improve blood flow.
- Foods high in zinc such as pumpkin seeds, chia seeds help improve testosterone levels.
It is also of importance to avoid foods that may worsen the symptoms of ED by increasing emotional stress and anxiety. That said, avoid refined vegetable oils, too much caffeine, alcohol and trans fats.
Supplements are vital in reversing this condition. Some of the essential supplements include:
- Red Ginseng – also known as the herbal Viagra, red ginseng has solid ED improving research behind it. Traditionally used to restore and enhance a healthy sense of well-being, this supplement has hormonal effects in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- L- Arginine – taking 1000 milligrams twice daily of L- Arginine helps in enhancing blood vessel dilation thus improved blood flow.
- DHEA – Dehydroepiandrosterone is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands naturally. This hormone can be converted to testosterone and estrogen. It improves testosterone levels and useful for treatment for ED in patients with concurrent diabetes.
- Niacin – otherwise known as Vitamin B3, it is a vasodilator that improves blood flow and supports energy levels.
Other supplements include Maca root, Ginkgo biloba, and Yohimbe.
Erectile dysfunction is a sensitive problem that requires immediate attention. Try the above mentioned natural remedies if conventional treatment therapies aren’t useful for you.