We all know that yoga is great for relaxation and stress management, but it also has many physical benefits. Not only can it help you become more flexible and fit, but it can actually promote muscle growth. Here are some yoga poses that build muscle.
Plank with Alternating Leg Lifts
This exercise engages many different muscles – your core, chest, triceps, shoulders, and even glutes. Here is how to perform it:
- Get into a standard plank position, with your hands under your shoulders and your body straight.
- Squeeze your glutes and lift your left leg up a few inches.
- Hold your leg in this position for three seconds, then bring it back.
- Do this 10 – 15 times for each leg.
Single Leg Bridge
This pose targets your hamstrings, glutes, and the muscles in your lower back. Here’s how to do it:
- Lie down on your back, bend your knees while keeping your feet flat on the floor.
- Extend your right leg and keep lifting your hips towards the ceiling.
- Lower your hips and repeat the motion for the other leg.
- Do between 10 and 15 reps for each leg.
Plank Knee to Elbow
The plank is one of the best yoga poses that build muscle. This variation targets your obliques and your front ab wall. Here’s how to do it:
- Advertisement -
- Get into a plank position with your arms straight and your hands placed under your shoulders.
- Pull your right knee to your right elbow, contracting your obliques.
- Bring the leg back to the beginning position and alternate sides.
- Repeat 15 – 20 times for each leg.
Try some of these yoga poses that build muscle to strengthen your core and work on upper body strength. If it gets too easy, you can increase the number of sets and reps or try more difficult variations.
Men often don’t realize just how many health risks they are prone to just from being a man. Thankfully, researchers may have found an EASY way to promote a STRONGER IMMUNE SYSTEM while also helping you BURN UNWANTED FAT!