It can be hard to squeeze in a full workout in a busy schedule, so many men use this as an excuse to avoid working out entirely. But, what if you could do a couple of two-minute workouts during the commercial break of your favorite TV show? Any kind of physical activity can benefit your health, so here are some effective workouts you can do in only two minutes.
Push-Up to Side Plank
Strengthening your core has many benefits, so including a quick exercise to work your core is a must. Here is how to perform this exercise:
- Start with a standard push-up position with your hands slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Perform a single push-up.
- As you come up, twist your body to the left and raise your right arm straight to the ceiling, forming a side plank.
- Alternate between hands for 10 repetitions.
There aren’t many two-minute workouts that can work your abs as effectively as this one. Here’s how to perform it:
- Lay on your back with your arms to your sides.
- Lift your legs six inches from the floor, slightly bending your knees.
- From this position, lift your leg up further to a 45-degree angle.
- While lowering your left leg down, bring your right leg to that same position.
- Repeat this motion quickly 20 times for each leg.
Banded Lateral Raise
For this exercise, you’ll need resistance bands. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand on the middle of the band and grab it by the handles.
- Extend your arms to your sides with slightly bent elbows.
- Lift the handles using your side shoulders, keeping your back straight.
- Pause at the top for a second and bring the handles down slowly.
Perform these two-minute workouts whenever you have the time if you can’t go to the gym. They may seem light and meaningless, but you will certainly see some effects after doing them for long enough.